Warren and Brian Johnson have purchased all shares of Three Mile Properties, Inc. which owned the property on the south-west corner of 86th Street and Lafayette Road. The property had been rezoned, against protests by area residents, for a gas station and small strip mall.
The new owners have significantly scaled back the original design:
- the proposed gas station now consists of 10 pumps as opposed to the original plan’s 12
- the convenience store is slightly decreased in square footage
- the strip mall has been completely eliminated
- only 1 sign as opposed to the original plan’s 2
- the new proposal will minimally impact the old growth trees on the property
- an outdoor seating area is being considered
- alcohol sales are no longer being considered
- the new proposal includes considerable features for collection/filtration of runoff water
While the new owner’s revised proposal is still for a gas station, it is a significant improvement from the previous proposal.
More details are available on the 86th and Lafayette Road blog.